The 2014 Moto X is one of the best phones available today (read my full review here) and tomorrow you will be able to purchase one from Republic Wireless for just $349.
Republic Wireless announced it would start offering the new Moto X on 10 December for $399. As part of that launch event, you can save another $50 for just one day. The special starts at 8 am Pacific on 10 December and runs until 8 am Pacific on 11 December.
As a reminder, you can pick from one of four Republic Wireless no-contract plan offers:
- Unlimited talk, text, and data, on WiFi only – $5/month
- Unlimited talk and text on WiFi and cellular, and unlimited data on WiFi – $10/month
- Unlimited talk, text and data on WiFi, plus 3G cellular – $25/month
- Unlimited talk, text and data on WiFi, plus 4G LTE cellular – $40/month
You can also switch your plan two times in a billing cycle to match your particular needs. As a heavy data user, I would love to also see a low/no talk and text option with cellular data so I could use email and the internet away from Wi-Fi.
The Moto X is great because of the Motorola experiences that include Moto Voice, Moto Display, Moto Actions, Moto Assist, and more. Just like last year’s model, it doesn’t have all of the highest specifications, but the overall experience makes it one of the best phones available today.
I have created several custom Moto X units and almost pulled the trigger on one a few times, but can’t really accommodate yet another phone on my T-Mobile account. However, picking up a custom Moto X on Republic Wireless would give me a backup carrier with the phone I want so I may jump on this special offer tomorrow myself.
Related ZDNet Republic Wireless articles
- Custom Moto X devices available soon from Republic Wireless
- Republic Wireless Moto X review: Top consumer smartphone and low cost service are a killer combo
- Republic Wireless Moto G hands-on: Half the cost of the X with same solid Wi-Fi calling experience